Paractin® Andrographis Human Clinical Trials
- Efficacy of an Andrographis paniculata composition for the relief of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms: a prospective randomized placebo-controlled trial
Clinical Rheumatology volume 28, pages931–946(2009) R. A. Burgos, J. L. Hancke, J. C. Bertoglio, V.
Aguirre, S. Arriagada, M. Calvo & D. D. Cáceres
- Andrographolide a New Potential Drug for the Long Term Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis Disease
Innovative Rheumatology Jan 2013.
María A. Hidalgo, Juan L. Hancke, Juan C. Bertoglio and Rafael A. Burgos
- Andrographis paniculata decreases fatigue in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: a 12-month double-blind placebo-controlled pilot study
BMC Neurology volume 16, Article number: 77 (2016). J. C. Bertoglio, M. Baumgartner, R. Palma, E. Ciampi, C. Carcamo, D. D. Cáceres, G. Acosta-Jamett, J. L. Hancke & R. A. Burgos
- A double‐blind, randomized, placebo‐controlled study to assess the efficacy of Andrographis paniculata standardized extract (ParActin®) on pain reduction in subjects with knee osteoarthritis
Phytotherapy Research. Volume33, Issue5 May 2019 Pages 1469-1479.
Juan L. Hancke Shalini Srivastav Dante D. Cáceres Rafael A. Burgos
- Efficacy of Andrographolide in Not Active Progressive Multiple Sclerosis: A Prospective Exploratory Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial
BMC Neurology (2020) 20:173. Ethel Ciampi, Reinaldo Uribe-San-Martin, Claudia Cárcamo, Juan Pablo Cruz, , Ana Reyes, Diego Reyes, Carmen Pinto, Macarena Vásquez, Rafael A. Burgos and Juan Hancke
Andrographis Immune Health Research
- A Double Blind Study with a New Monodrug: Kan Jang Decrease of Symptoms and Enhancement of Resistance to Common Colds.
Phototherapy Research 9: 559- 562, 1995. JL. Hancke et al.
- Prevention of common colds with Andrographis paniculata dried extract: A Pilot double blind trial
Phytomed. 4 (2), 101-104 (1997). D.D. Cáceres et al.
- Use of visual analogue scale measurements (VAS) to asses the effectiveness of standardized Andrographis paniculata extract SHA-10 in reducing the symptoms of common cold. A randomized double blind-placebo study
Phytomedicine Volume 6, Issue 4, October 1999, Pages 217-223. D.D.Cáceres, J.L.Hancke, R.A.Burgos, F.Sandberg, G.K.Wikman
- Andrographolide As a Potential Inhibitor of SARS-CoV-2 Main Protease: An In Silico Approach
Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, Apr 2020. Sukanth Kumar Enmozhi, Kavitha Raja, Irudhayasamy Sebastine, Tiruchirappalli, & Jerrine Joseph
- Andrographis paniculata (Chuān Xīn LiaÂn) for symptomatic relief of acute respiratory tract infections in adults and children: A systematic review and meta-analysis
PLoS One. 2018; 13(11). Xiao-Yang Hu, Ruo-Han Wu, Martin Logue, Clara Blondel, Lily Yuen Wan Lai, Beth Stuart, Andrew Flower, Yu-Tong Fei, Michael Moore, Jonathan Shepherd, Jian-Ping Liu, and George Lewith
- Immunomodulatory activity of andrographolide on macrophage activation and specific antibody response.
Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010 Feb; 31(2): 191–201. Wei Wang, Jing Wang, Sheng-fu Dong, Chun-hong Liu, Paola Italiani, Shu-hui Sun, Jing Xu, Diana Boraschi, Shi-ping Ma, and Di Qu
Andrographis Anti-Viral Research
- Activity of Andrographolide and Its Derivatives against Influenza Virus in Vivo and in Vitro
Biological and Pharmaceutical. Volume 32 (2009) Issue 8
Jian-Xin Chen, Hui-Jun Xue, Wen-Cai Ye, Bing-Hu Fang, Ya-Hong Liu, Shao-Hua Yuan, Pei Yu, Yu-Qiang Wang
- A Phase I Trial of Andrographolide in HIV Positive Patients and Normal Volunteers
Phytotherapy Research. Volume14, Issue5 August 2000
Pages 333-338. Carlo Calabrese Sheryl H. Berman John G. Babish Xinfang Ma Lynne Shinto Melissa Dorr Kameron Wells Cynthia A. Wenner Leanna J. Standish
- Activity of andrographolide against chikungunya virus infection
Scientific Report. 2015; 5: 14179. Phitchayapak Wintachai, Parveen Kaur, Regina Ching Hua Lee, Suwipa Ramphan, Atichat Kuadkitkan, Nitwara Wikan, Sukathida Ubol, Sittiruk Roytrakul, Justin Jang Hann Chu, and Duncan R. Smith
- Broad-spectrum antiviral properties of andrographolide
Archives of Virology 162(3) · November 2016. Swati Gupta, K. P. Mishra.
- Analyzing the interaction of a herbal compound Andrographolide from Andrographis paniculata as a folklore against swine flu (H1N1)
Asian Pac J Trop Dis. 2014 Sep; 4: S624–S630. Chandrabhan Seniya, Shilpi Shrivastava, Sanjay Kumar Singh, and Ghulam Jilani Khan
- Antiviral and Immunostimulant Activities of Andrographis paniculata
HAYATI Journal of Biosciences 22(2) · April 2015. Churiyah, Elrade Rofaani, Olivia Bunga Pongtuluran
- Possible inhibitors of ACE2, the receptor of 2019-nCoV
Pharmacology & Toxicology February 2020. Qinghua Cui, Chuanbo Huang, Xiangwen Ji, Wanlu Zhang, Fenghong Zhang, Liang Wang
- Computational Investigation on Andrographis paniculata Phytochemicals to Evaluate Their Potency Against SARS-CoV-2 in Comparison to Known Antiviral Compounds in Drug Trials.
JOURNAL OF BIOMOLECULAR STRUCTURE AND DYNAMICS May 2020.
Natarajan Arul Murugan, Chitra Jeyaraj Pandian and Jeyaraman Jeyakanthan
- Crosstalk Between Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress and Anti-Viral Activities: A Novel Therapeutic Target for COVID-19.
Life Science 2020 Aug 15; 255: 117842.
Aditi Banerjee, Steven J. Czinn, Russel J. Reiter, and Thomas G. Blanchard
Andrographis Lung Health Research
- Andrographolide protects against cigarette smoke-induced oxidative lung injury via augmentation of Nrf2 activity
British Journal of Pharmacology. Volume168, Issue7 April 2013 Pages 1707-1718.
SP Guan, W Tee, DSW Ng, TK Chan, HY Peh, WE Ho, C Cheng, JC Mak, WSF Wong
- Andrographolide Protects against LPS-Induced Acute Lung Injury by Inactivation of NF-kB
PLoS One. 2013; 8(2). Tao Zhu, Dao-xin Wang, Wei Zhang, Xiu-qing Liao, Xian Guan, Hong Bo, Jia-yang Sun, Ni-wen Huang, Jing He, Yun-kun Zhang, Jing Tong, and Chang-yi Li
- Cigarette Smoke-Induced Lung Disease Predisposes to More Severe Infection with Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae: Protective Effects of Andrographolide
Journal of Natural Product. 2016, 79, 5, 1308–1315. W. S. Daniel Tan, Hong Yong Peh, Wupeng Liao, Chu Hui Pang, Tze Khee Chan, Suk Hiang Lau, Vincent T. Chow, and W. S. Fred Wong
- Andrographolide Restores Steroid Sensitivity To Block Lipopolysaccharide/IFN-γ–Induced IL-27 and Airway Hyperresponsiveness in Mice
J Immunol June 1, 2016, 196 (11) 4706-4712. Wupeng Liao, W. S. Daniel Tan and W. S. Fred Wong
- Inhibition of AIM2 inflammasome-mediated pyroptosis by Andrographolide contributes to amelioration of radiation-induced lung inflammation and fibrosis
Cell Death & Disease volume 10, Article number: 957 (2019). Jian Gao, Shuang Peng, Xinni Shan, Guoliang Deng, Lihong Shen, Jian Sun, Chunhong Jiang, Xiaoling Yang, Zhigang Chang, Xinchen Sun, Fude Feng, Lingdong Kong, Yanhong Gu, Wenjie Guo, Qiang Xu & Yang Sun
- Restoration of HDAC2 and Nrf2 by Andrographolide Overcomes Corticosteroid Resistance in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
British Journal of Pharmacology. Apr 2020
Wupeng Liao, Albert Y. H. Lim, W. S. Daniel Tan, John Abisheganaden, W. S. Fred Wong
Andrographis Mechanism of Action Research
- Andrographolide interferes with binding of nuclear factor-κB to DNA in HL-60-derived neutrophilic cells
- Andrographolide Inhibits INF-g and IL-2 Cytokine Production and Protects against Cell Apoptosis. Planta Medica. 71 (5), 429-434 (2005).A. Burgos et al
- Andrographolide Reduces IL-2 Production in T-Cells by Interfering with NFAT and MAPK Activation
Eur. J. Pharmacol. 602(2-3), 413–421 (2009). María D Carretta, Pablo Alarcón, Evelyn Jara, Loreto Solis, Juan L Hancke, Ilona I Concha, María A Hidalgo, Rafael A Burgos
- Is there a future for andrographolide to be an anti-inflammatory drug? Deciphering its major mechanisms of action
Biochem Pharmacol. 2017 Sep 1;139:71-81 W.S. Daniel, Tana Wupeng, Liaoa Shuo Zhoua, W.S. Fred Wong
- Multi-Targeting Andrographolide, a Novel NF-kB Inhibitor, as a Potential Therapeutic Agent for Stroke.
Int J Mol Sci. 2017 Aug; 18(8): 1638. Chih-Hao Yang, Ting-Lin Yen, Chia-Yuan Hsu, Philip-Aloysius Thomas, Joen-Rong Sheu, and Thanasekaran Jayakumar
- Andrographolide, A Natural Antioxidant: An Update
Antioxidants 2019, 8, 571; Eugenie Mussard, Annabelle Cesaro, Eric Lespessailles, Brigitte Legrain, Sabine Berteina-Raboin and Hechmi Toumi